Tag Archives: relationships

Tomorrow Is Not Guaranteed

My wife called on her way home from work and asked me to run her some hot water and not to forget the bubbles. I know she will appreciate my getting things ready for her. She’s a keeper and I … Continue reading

Posted in Relationships, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | 11 Comments

The Same, But Different

“Dad, it’s the same, but different.”  … Elissa “Jelly” Visotski It was sometime during her grade school years that Elissa came up with that quote, worthy of being mentioned with  Yogi Berra’s list of great quotes. Two things that are … Continue reading

Posted in Dogs, Speaking of dogs, Uncategorized, Understanding dogs | Tagged , , , | 8 Comments

How It Works

It’s is that time of the year and it’s important to be reminded abut how things work.  I was tempted to make a few edits, but decided to leave it as I found it…..  Thanks to Carla. Standard Operating Procedures … Continue reading

Posted in Relationships, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | 1 Comment

On Celibacy

What is Celibacy? Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances. While attending a Marriage Weekend, Frank and his wife, Ann, listened to the instructor declare, “It is essential that husbands and wives know the … Continue reading

Posted in Celibacy, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | 10 Comments

Polluting Potential

Thank you to Steve and Gary for this great thought. “I am amazed by how many individuals mess up every new day with yesterday. They insist on bringing into today the failures of yesterday and in so doing, they pollute … Continue reading

Posted in potential | Tagged , , , , | 1 Comment

On Marriage

I have heard that 90% of being married is made up of  shouting “what?” from other rooms.   The remaining 10% is asking “What do you want to eat?” Just sayin’

Posted in marriage, Married Life | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

How It Works

Women are pretty simple.   If you make her mad, you have to apologize for being stupid.   If she makes you mad, you have to apologize for being mad. And that’s how it works, Charlie Brown.

Posted in Relationships | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Relationship Issues

We all have issues, right?     Even our pets.

Posted in Relationships | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

On The Golden Rule

“Try to do to others as you would have them do to you and do not be discouraged if they fail sometimes. It is much better that they should fail than that you should.”     Charles Dickens    

Posted in Golden rule | Tagged , , | 1 Comment

And So It Goes

No matter how much we try, sometimes it just doesn’t turn out as planned. No credit taken for the cartoon. Thanks to Carla for sending it over.

Posted in Relationships | Tagged , , | 1 Comment

Mixed Message

“When a person tells you you hurt them, you don’t get to decide you didn’t.” – Louis C.K. But, here is the rest of the story.     courtesy of @newagerepublican

Posted in Mixed Message | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment

My Bad

After publishing the previous post, Relationships, I almost immediately realized that there was a even better song from .38 special to illustrate the mood. How did I not think of this before? If I’d Been The One By 38 Special … Continue reading

Posted in Relationships | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

You Have To Be Old Enough To Remember

I had one when you had to use real potatos…no fake plastic for us. Isn’t there  something ironic about the first toy ever to be advertised on television   appearing in this cartoon  during a time when every third commercial … Continue reading

Posted in Relationships | Tagged , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Enter At Your Own Risk

  Not sure why I’m posting this, but maybe it is because it is a lesson I learned the hard way? Maybe it’s because I am one man in a house once (and still occasionally)  occupied by  four women of … Continue reading

Posted in WOMEN | Tagged , , , , , | 1 Comment

Fifty Shades of Grace

I just don’t get it. Maybe it’s just that I’m getting older, but I can sense the damage that can/will be done by the book and the movie. It  is unfortunate  that Valentine’s Day has become all about getting laid … Continue reading

Posted in Fifty Shades, Uncategorized | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment