The future, yesterday. It’s not as far fetched as it may seem.
The call went like this:
– Hello! Gordon’s Pizza?
– No sir, it is Google Pizza.
– So, I have the wrong number?
– No sir, Google bought Gordon’s Pizza.
– OK. Take my order please ..
– Well sir, you want the usual?
– The usual? How do you know me?
– According to your caller ID, the last 12 times, you ordered pizza with cheese, sausage, thick crust…
– OK! OK! That’s it.
– Sir, may I suggest to you this time ricotta cheese, arugula with sun-dried tomatoes?
– No, I hate vegetables.
– But your cholesterol is high!
– How do you know?
– Through the Lab subscriber’s guide. We have the results of your blood tests for the last 7 years.
– Okay, but I want my regular pizza, I already take medicine.
– But sir, you have not taken your medicine regularly. Four months ago, you only purchased a box with 30 tablets at Drugsale Network.
– I bought more from another drugstore.
– It is not showing on your credit card.
– I paid in cash.
– But you did not withdraw that much cash according to your bank statement.
– I have other sources of cash.
– This is not showing on your last Income-Tax return, unless you got it from an undeclared source.
– WHAT THE HELL? Enough! I’m sick of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp. I’m going to an Island without Wi-Fi or internet. Where there are no cell phones or satellites to spy on me.
– I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport, as it has expired 5 weeks ago!
Thanks to Carla.