Gracious appreciation to Melissa at SingleMomUnschooling for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award; my first award after almost 2,800 posts and six years of blogging.
This award is for bloggers who spread sunshine and positivity throughout the blogging community. Like my mother used to say, “Ray, a golden drop of sunshine.” How appropriate and with a nod to The Sound of Music.
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you (check)
- Answer the eleven questions from your nominator(s) (check)
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer (coming in the next day or so)
My eleven questions to answer are:
- What’s one thing you’ve learned from blogging? The world is full of divergent attitudes/opinions/ideas and if you are willing, the world of blogging can be your classroom.
- Who do you most admire? Another difficult question. I admire different people for different categories of qualities. I’ll start with my parent’s who continue to show me that a perfect marriage is two, imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other, even after sixty-one years.
- What activities do you enjoy? Blogging (obviously), music (listening and playing), reading and occasionally doing nothing.
- Favorite place to be? An empty beach at 6pm with my wife and a bottle of wine. (preferably, red)
- Where do you do your blogging? The kitchen table.
- What could be your theme song? Probably the most difficult of all the questions to answer because the title would depend on my mood that particular day. Since I am supposed to pick one, I will go with Steve Forbert’s “Responsibility” from “The American in Me” record. I pick that because at the age of 55, and as a funeral director since 1983, I still have not been able to integrate the fact that “Life is short and dead is for a very long time. Enjoy life” into my own existence. I am not proud that I am addicted to my work.
- Favorite book and/or video game? Video Game? What’s a video game? Any book by Michael D. O’Brien, starting with Father Elijah.
- Coffee or tea? Black coffee is a stand-alone food group for me. Tea is something served over ice when wine or Scotch is not appropriate for the setting.
- What is your biggest fear? While I am anxious about many things, the only thing I fear is having one of our daughters die before me. . . it is an occupational thing.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Well, I suppose it depends who you ask. I think that most people who know me would lean towards extrovert, but I’m a self-proclaimed loner.
- What’s your favorite movie? For me, the term “favorite” depends on the mood I’m in. If I hade to name only one, it would be Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life. If I could name my top five, I would add The Godfather (pt 1), Apocalypse Now, Oh, God! and Analyze This
In the next day or so, I’ll make my nominations….Thank you again, Melissa.